Soaps play an important role in the treatment of skin infections. Aactaril is a medicated soap, designed for the effective management of common, superficial bacterial and fungal infections of the skin. A skin-friendly soap, Aactaril is ideal for everyday use. It provides relief from itching, scaling, burning, redness and irritation, and also helps prevent repeated skin infections. Aactaril soap maintains the natural environment of the skin, and does not cause skin dryness.
- As an adjuvant in the treatment of bacterial and fungal skin infections (e.g., folliculitis, cellulitis, Tinea infections, candidal infections)
- Helps prevention of recurrent skin infections when used regularly.
Ayurveda texts and modern research back the following facts:
- Barbari (Ocimum basilicum), which contains linalool and eugenol, and Nimba (Azadirachta indica), which contains azadirachtin, act against fungal infections like Tinea (ringworm) infections.
- Ushira (Vetiveria zizanioides) shows promising antimicrobial action, especially against fungal skin infections.
- Jambira (Citrus limon) has antimicrobial activity against Pseudomonas and Micrococcus species.
- Karanja (Pongamia glabra) kills harmful bacteria.
Directions for use:
Wet the affected area, apply generously, gently work up lather using a circular motion, and rinse with water. Use twice daily.